Initially incorporated in 2003 as a mechanical & electrical contracting business, Emtec Group are now established in the UK Marketplace as a leading contractor for the construction and building services industry.
Emtec Group takes a responsible interest in the environmental impact of our business activities, we are committed to making a positive contribution towards environmental improvement and sustainable development in all our projects, the following companies operate as part of the Emtec Group:
- Emtec Group Management
- Emtec Core & Protect
- Emtec Petroleum
- Emtec Building Services
- DRB UK Maintenance
- Emtec Property Services
- Emtec Building Services (North)
- Emtec Energy
- Emtec Solutions
- Emtec Building Services (Midlands)
- Emtec Facility Services
- Emtec Branding
- Emtec Fire Systems
Where Emtec Group are involved in the design or promotion of new projects, our environmental impact is a prime consideration and we are committed to working closely with our supply chain, sub-contractors and local communities to develop sustainable environmental practices and solutions.
We always seek to act in accordance with good practice, preserving and where possible, enhancing the quality of the environment, we are committed to demonstrating compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and implementing sustainable work practices that positively contribute to our environmental performance.
The key elements of our approach to environmental management and sustainability are based on the following principals:
- The Environmental Policy applies to all Emtec Group companies, the Managing Director of each Emtec Group company is responsible for implementing this Policy within their business.
- Managing Directors of each Emtec Group company have overall responsibility and authority for the environmental performance of the company.
- Emtec Group is committed to achieving continual improvement of the Environmental Management System and its environmental performance, leading to the prevention of pollution. Emtec Group will adopt appropriate measures to fulfil our statutory obligations and ensure appropriate liaison and co-operation with relevant authorities.
- Ensure all operations are carried out in compliance with relevant environmental legislation, regulations, corporate directives, approved codes of practice, appropriate customer specifications and other requirements.
- Produce environmental action plans with realistic and achievable objectives and targets appropriate to business circumstances; then monitor, review and update the plans annually.
- Minimise waste through a commitment to reuse, recover or recycle, where appropriate.
- Reduce the consumption of resources (energy, materials, packaging), where appropriate.
- Actively involve employees and those working on behalf of the company, ensure appropriate training is given to raise awareness and provide an appreciation of environmental issues.
- The policy is the direct concern of all employees and management shall communicate and consult with employees on environmental issues.
- Emtec Group are committed to maintaining ISO14001:2015 accreditation.
The Environmental Policy is published throughout the company to ensure it is fully understood by all staff. It is also available to members of the public and other interested parties on request.