Due to an exciting, planned expansion within the Yorkshire region, Emtec Building Services are looking to recruit a Mechanical Estimator to enhance the estimating department based in Leeds.
The estimator will be supporting Business Development, working on a variety of opportunities from multi-site to stand alone contracts which are predominately of a Mechanical nature and valuing between 50k–4m. As per the business plan you will be providing estimation support ensuring sales objectives are met.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, bright individual with excellent communication skills.
You will be required to:
- Assist with approvals process to ensure accordance with company procedures
- Prepare detailed analytical estimates within defined timescales
- Prepare detailed tender submission documents where required.
- Ensure that estimating procedures are followed
- Participate in the detailed risk assessment process on all bids
- Ensure all tenders are fully reviewed by the Operations Manager or Directors
- Develop and maintain a library of outputs and pricing data
- Assist in the production of bids in other parts of the business when necessary
- Act as bid manager where required depending on the value and complexity of the tender
- To undertake, oversee and assist with the production and submission of estimates and tenders
- Application of their own estimating knowledge and principals from their experience in the industry
- Be willing to support the business development function in producing innovative solutions
You should be a bright, mature individual who is:
- Motivated with a stable career history
- Computer literate
- a quick learner with excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- able to show great administration and organisational skills
- able to develop suitable estimate for both pre-designed and design & build type tenders
- able to bring local supply chain contacts and knowledge to support the business
- able to show basic knowledge of commercial terms.
Competitive salary, hours will be 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
The Emtec Group are an Equal Opportunities and Living Wage employer.
If you think that you have the right experience and personality for this role then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference EBS-2165.