We are currently looking for a Junior Design & Estimating Engineer to assist our Energy division in the production of quotations and pre-installation design services inc Solar PV, Battery Storage and energy monitoring solutions, based at our Head Office in Uddingston.
About the Role:
- Ability to use PV Sol design software in the production of commercial solar designs
- Ability to use Autocad in producing pre-installation and As-fitted drawings
- Produce quotations using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Understand scope of work, specifications, programmes and cost control of tender documents
- Have an understanding of specifications and drawings
- Understanding of the contract and contract conditions and obligations
- Ability to survey and report on existing buildings
- Have an understanding of current Building Regulations, Codes of Practice and Legislative Requirements
- Ability to check drawings for accuracy and build ability
- Seek advice from specialists as required
- Maintain manual or computerised filing systems
The knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience relevant to the position are:
- Experience within the renewables industry
- HNC in Electrical Engineering
- Ability to use AutoCAD and the ability to read and interpret drawings
- Ability to produce reports
- Ability to use Microsoft office 365, Word, Excel
- Capable of working with minimum supervision
- Ability and willingness to travel and work within the office or based on sites as required
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communications skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
Note, experience, whilst beneficial is not necessary as training will be provided.
Hours are 8.30am – 4.30pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am – 3.30pm, Friday.
If you possess the skills and experience required please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number EE-2207. The Emtec Group are an Equal Opportunities and Living Wage employer.