Emtec Group is a leading contractor in the building services sector providing professional, quality and cost efficient services throughout the UK. We encompass a variety of separate businesses, expertise and capabilities including mechanical and electrical engineering, facility services, renewable energy and many more. Working as one group we share a common goal: to be the Partner of Choice for our clients.
Emtec Group Management Ltd are pleased to offer the opportunity for an experienced HR Manager to join our department within our Uddingston Office.
The successful candidate will be the focal point of contact for senior management to provide professional advice on HR issues seeking cost effective practical solutions. The HR Manager support will the people management functions that underpin the business culture. The broad areas include: employee matters, compensation and benefits, reward, professional growth, communications and performance management.
About the Role
- Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 8.30am-4.30pm and Friday 8.30am-3.30pm
- Location: Emtec Head office Uddingston
- Benefits: Free car parking on site inc. EV charging points, 33 days holiday, Cycle to work scheme, Company Pension Scheme, Group Healthcare Scheme (opt in required.)
- Leading and directing the Human Resource team to deliver a comprehensive HR service to the Group.
- Employee relations, including managing absence, disciplinaries, grievances and sickness.
- Measuring employee satisfaction and identifying areas that require improvement.
- Performance management: coaching managers on performance management issues and processes.
- Learning and development: providing guidance on development for managers and their teams.
- Training: implementing the training and development agenda; identifying areas that need attention and improvement.
- Recruitment and retention: managing talent and succession planning; taking overall responsibility for recruitment activity campaigns.
- Reward advice and supporting employees on company benefits.
- Policy and procedures; implementation of new HR policies, procedures and processes.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are up to date in line with current employment law. Ensuring line managers are up to date with changes to any policies.
- Working with senior managers, coaching them and advising on all people issues.
- Dealing with complex disciplinary/grievance and HR issues, using HR and company knowledge evidencing appropriate decision-making skills.
- Monitor the Induction programme for new starters to ensure that it is being carried out to consistent standards. To meet with Managers to provide coaching in this area where necessary.
- Monitor and manage information flow to payroll in respect of new employees, changes to terms and conditions and resignations.
- Support the HR Advisor/Administrator in any TUPE process, supplying and obtaining relevant information, carrying out consultation interviews as required and effecting TUPE transfers.
- Lead HR projects/tasks as and when required.
- Monitor and manage Gender Pay Gap Reporting
- Ensure Data Governance for GDPR compliance: Principles, Processes and Practices
- Chartered (or Fellow) Member of the CIPD.
- Proven experience of directing and managing an HR department while being an integral part of the team.
- Able to confidently advise managers on all aspects of people management and development.
- Experience of dealing with senior management.
- Able to build rapport quickly with key members of the executive team.
- Demonstrable experience in managing TUPE, redundancy and other relevant HR Projects.
- Strong understanding of employment law.
- Experience in supporting the development of staff.
- Proactive approach to HR duties.
- Previous experience working with HR System Cascade is preferred but not essential.
If you think that you have the right experience and personality for this role, we want to speak to you!
Click apply now or send your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference EGM-2440.
The Emtec Group are an Equal Opportunities and Living Wage employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE