Emtec Group Management Ltd are pleased to offer the opportunity for a full-time HR Manager to join our head office in Uddingston. Reporting to the Group Directors, you will provide efficient, quality human resources management in support of all group companies.
The human resource manager leads and directs the HR team to enable them to deliver a comprehensive HR service to the Group and will proactively advise on best practice HR and where necessary takes a hands-on role in dealing with case work.
The HR Manager is the focal point of contact for senior management and provides professional advice on HR issues seeking cost effective practical solutions. The HR Manager supports the people management functions that underpin the business culture. The broad areas include: employee matters, compensation and benefits, reward, professional growth, communications and performance management.
As the HR Manager, you can expect to be involved in a senior position with responsibility for the following:
- Leading and directing the human resource team to deliver a comprehensive HR service to the Group.
- Employee relations, including managing absence, disciplinaries, grievances and sickness.
- Measuring employee satisfaction and identifying areas that require improvement.
- Performance management: coaching managers on performance management issues and processes.
- Learning and development: providing guidance on development for managers and their teams.
- Training: implementing the training and development agenda; identifying areas that need attention and improvement.
- Recruitment and retention: managing talent and succession planning; taking overall responsibility for recruitment activity campaigns.
- Reward advice and supporting employees on company benefits.
- Policy and procedures; implementation of new HR policies, procedures and processes.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are up to date in line with current employment law. Ensuring line managers are up to date with changes to any policies.
- Working with senior managers, coaching them and advising on all people issues.
- Dealing with complex disciplinary/grievance and HR issues, using HR and company knowledge evidencing appropriate decision-making skills.
- Monitor the Induction programme for new starters to ensure that it is being carried out to consistent standards. To meet with Managers to provide coaching in this area where necessary.
- Monitor and manage information flow to payroll in respect of new employees, changes to terms and conditions and resignations.
- Support the HR Advisor/Administrator in any TUPE process, supplying and obtaining relevant information, carrying out consultation interviews as required and effecting TUPE transfers.
- Complete National statistic questionnaires.
- Lead HR projects/tasks as and when required.
- Monitor and manager Gender Pay Gap Reporting
- Manage Experian Employee background checks
- Ensure Data Governance for GDPR compliance: Principles, Processes and Practices
- Attend relevant meetings and produce HR reports for quarterly meetings for each business.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of dealing with senior and sometimes challenging individuals
- Ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the executive team
- Confident directing HR team and advising managers on all aspects of people management and development
- Demonstrable experience in managing TUPE, redundancy and other relevant HR Projects
- Strong understanding of employment law
- Experience in managing and developing staff
- Proven experience working as a key member of an HR team
- Proactive approach to HR duties
- Chartered (or Fellow) Member of the CIPD
- Experience with Cascade HR software system.
- Providing Direction – creates a clear understanding of what needs to be achieved and provides the necessary guidance
- Obtaining Results Through People – supports, challenges and develops others so that they can give their best and deliver against expectations
- Drive For Excellence – manages activities to ensure high standards are achieved in all areas
- Teamwork – manages the team to maximise their contributions and effectiveness, influencing personal commitments
- Communication – communicates clearly and concisely, impressing others and ensuring understanding of all relevant information in all circumstances
- Planning, Organising & Executing – plans ahead, organises and schedules activities and resources, monitoring the execution against timescales and plans
- Commercial/ Financial Awareness – understands and applies commercial and financial principals, viewing issues in terms of costs, profits/ returns, budget control, markets and added value
- Risk Management – effectively manages risks and ensures that the interests of the business, others and self are protected
- Customer Awareness – effectively manages relationships in the supply chain, responsive to the needs of the customer, aims to deliver customer satisfaction
- Health, Safety Environmental – effectively manages HSE aspects within the business, ensuring compliance and welfare of team members
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions should be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.
Competitive salary, hours will be 8.30am – 4.30pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am – 3.30pm on Friday.
If you think that you have the right experience and personality for this role then please send your CV to email@example.com quoting reference EGM-2201
The Emtec Group are an Equal Opportunities and Living Wage employer.