Emtec Fire Systems are currently recruiting for a Commercial Surveyor to join their team at Head Office in Uddingston.
As Commercial Surveyor you will provide support to the operational teams on the commercial aspects of each project, working closely with the engineers, project managers and directors to achieve targets.
You will be required to:
- Provide assistance to the project teams on general commercial management of the projects.
- Review monthly Contract Financial Report with project teams.
- Attend monthly Contract Financial Report review meeting to discuss projects
- Assist in the preparation and timely agreement of final accounts.
- Monitor and control sub-contractor costs and agree final accounts.
- Monitor and review submission of interim applications
- Provide assistance and review with the preparation of subcontractor’s orders
- Respond to subcontractor order acknowledgements & agree any subcontract amendments with the subcontractor
- Review and provide assistance where required with client variations
- Review and comment on main contract T&Cs and agree amendments with main contractors
- Review and authorise subcontractor payments and subcontractor payless notices
- Ensure that contractual aspects of the projects are managed including EOT, delay calculations, interrogate and monitor contract programme, etc
- Attend pre-start meetings
- Generally assist Regional Directors with commercial duties which are necessary in running of the business
The knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience relevant to the position are:
- A keen interest in construction and be able to demonstrate good numeric, IT and communication skills.
- Driving licence
- Have degree/honours degree in Quantity Surveying or similar (preferable but not essential)
- Enthusiastic with excellent communication skills and a high attention to detail
- Be able to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team and have general experience of using Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience within fire & security/building services industry would be an advantage.
If you feel you have the right personality and experience for this role then please send your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference FS-2210.
The Emtec Group are an Equal Opportunities and Living Wage employer.