Emtec Group is a leading contractor in the building services sector providing professional, quality and cost efficient services throughout the UK. Our Vision and Values encourage us to be Efficient and Motivated to make things happen. Our constant Teamwork drives us achieve Excellence while remaining Customer Focused and ensuring our people at the heart of everything we do.
Emtec Building Services are a national contractor with a highly skilled in-house workforce of mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineers. We truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. Emtec looks for ambitious, energised and committed people with a passion to learn and deliver excellence to all of our valued clients to become their Partner of Choice.
Now is the time to join us! Emtec Building Services are pleased to announce they are looking for an experienced Commercial Manager to join their team in our Leeds office. Their role will be to assist the Operational teams with the commercial aspects of the projects, including Contract negotiation, sub-contract agreements and certification, CFR reviews and tracking, as well as assisting with variation pricing and submissions.
Role & Key Responsibilities
- Incorporate & hold accountable staff to commercial governance.
- Hold peers accountable for commercial best practice.
- Identify & Report on Commercial Risks & Opportunities
- Monthly Reporting:
- Review monthly cost data after completion by teams
- Report on CFR status and update summary
- Attend monthly CFR review meeting to discuss projects
- Profit & Loss
- Be instrumental in business forecasting, including revenue, gross profit, overhead & nett profit projections in Profit & Loss Accounts.
- Interrogate & Question Team Sales Forecast for achievability.
- Provide updates and provide advice as the best means of cash collection for your contracts.
- Carefully vet & monitor interim applications to ensure all conditions of contract are satisfied and we are best placed to secure recovery.
- Review and authorise subcontractor payments and subcontractor payless notices
- Provide assistance to the teams on general commercial management of the projects.
- Ensure that contractual aspects of the projects are managed including EOT, delay calculations, interrogate and monitor contract programme, etc
- Review and provide assistance where required with client variations to ensure all opportunities are captured, valued with the business being best placed for recovery.
- Negotiate Sub-Contract / Main Contract amendments to the benefit of the business.
- Salary: £60k-£65k
- Hours: Full time – 38 hours
- Location: Leeds
- Benefits: Free car parking on site, 33 days holiday, Holiday Purchase Scheme, Cycle to work scheme , Company Pension Scheme, Group Healthcare Scheme (opt in required.)
- Have degree/honours degree in Quantity Surveying or similar (preferable but not essential)
- Mechanical & Electrical experience would be an advantage.
- A keen interest in construction and be able to demonstrate good numeric, IT and communication skills.
- Driving licence
- Enthusiastic with excellent communication skills and a high attention to detail
- Be able to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team and have general experience of using Word, Excel and Outlook
If you think you have the right experience and personality for this role, click apply now or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number EBS-2413
The Emtec Group is an Equal Opportunities and Living Wage Employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE