Emtec Building Services Ltd is looking to recruit a dynamic individual to fulfil the role of Commercial Manager. You will be responsible for commercial control and best practice for your team, with joint profit & loss responsibility with your Operational counterpart to whom you will report.
- Incorporate & hold accountable staff to commercial governance
- Hold peers accountable for commercial best practice
- Identify & report on commercial risks & opportunities
- Monthly reporting
- Review monthly cost data after completion by teams
- Report on CFR status and update summary
- Attend monthly CFR review meeting to discuss projects
- Profit & Loss
- Be instrumental in business forecasting, including revenue, gross profit, overhead & nett profit projections in profit & loss accounts
- Interrogate & question team sales forecast for achievability
- Provide updates and provide advice as the best means of cash collection for your contracts
- Carefully vet & monitor interim applications to ensure all conditions of contract are satisfied and we are best placed to secure recovery
- Establish master Sub-Contracts for each of your projects and review as and when required to ensure correct scope of works is procured, ensuring all step down obligations from head contracts are included
- Negotiate Sub-Contract / Main Contract amendments to the benefit of the business
- Review and provide assistance where required with client variations to ensure all opportunities are captured, valued with the business being best placed for recovery
- Review and authorise subcontractor payments and subcontractor payless notices
- Provide assistance to the teams on general commercial management of the projects
- Ensure that contractual aspects of the projects are managed including EOT, delay calculations, interrogate and monitor contract programme, etc
- Attend to pre-start meeting
- Generally assist Regional Directors with commercial duties which are necessary in running of the business (Profit & Loss, Projections, Quarterly / Monthly Management Meetings)
What qualities will you need to be successful?
- A keen interest in construction and be able to demonstrate good numeric, IT and communication skills
- Driving licence
- Have degree / honours degree in Quantity Surveying or similar (preferable but not essential)
- Enthusiastic with excellent communication skills and a high attention to detail
- Be able to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team and have general experience of using Word, Excel and Outlook
- Mechanical & Electrical experience would be an advantage.
Consideration will be given to candidates from a quantity surveying background who are looking for the next step in developing their career.
If you feel you have the right personality and experience for this role then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference 2282-EBS.
All enquires will be treated with the strictest confidence. The Emtec Group are an Equal Opportunities and Living Wage Employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE