Emtec Building Services Ltd is looking to recruit a BIM Manager to join our business in Glasgow. You will report directly to the Design Manager and be responsible for managing the Emtec CAD/BIM team, liaising with Emtec Project teams, providing them with high quality and detail MEP Services models and sheeted drawings for installation. You will also deal with external stakeholders on BIM projects and lead the successful delivery of BIM on relevant projects.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Reporting to the Design Manager, you will provide weekly accountability of work progress and match targets set.
- Provide guidance, support and mentoring to the Revit/BIM coordinators who will be direct reports
- Liaise directly with the project team to deliver clash-free MEP Services models.
- Resource projection & planning
- Estimating CAD/BIM works for all tenders
- Understanding project BEP, and ensuring all requirements are met
- Handling all Autodesk software licences within the group, procurement
- Salary allocations and the day-to-day management of the CAD/BIM team
- Manage sub-contracted BIM works where required
- Ensure that the standards of work are in line with Emtec processes and procedures.
- Drive the process of achieving BIM Level 2 accreditation at business level for Emtec
What qualities will you need to be successful?
- Applicants should possess a good M&E technical knowledge with experience in the building services industry.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills – ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- High level of self-motivation, organisational ability and drive to meet deadlines.
- Highly proficient in use of Autodesk Revit, Navisworks and AutoCAD
- Detailed knowledge of BIM, including the requirements for BIM Level 2, COBie, PAS1192 etc
- Recognised CAD/Revit college or university accreditation.
- Confidence and commitment to providing a high quality, professional service
- Possess clear and confident written and verbal communication skills
- Possess expert knowledge on IT requirements for CAD/BIM packages
- Have experience of production of drawings suitable for prefabrication of MEP services
- Have BRE or similar BIM level 2 qualification/accreditation
If you feel you have the right personality and experience for this role then please send your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference 2276-EBS
All enquires will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The Emtec Group are an Equal Opportunities and Living Wage Employer. NO AGENCIES PLEASE.